Shepherd Church exists to share the love of Jesus Christ with our community so “that everyone who believes may have eternal life in him.” John 3:15. We understand that sometimes people encounter difficult situations in their life. Therefore, in the interest of helping others, we have developed an Assistance Program. The people of our church have given their offering money to our church and we view it as God’s money, not ours. Therefore, in order to be wise stewards of these resources, this program must not be used irresponsibly, but rather with loving discernment. Please be aware of the policies below. They are not intended to burden you, but to simply be a responsible way for us to discern needs and use God’s resources in a wise, responsible and caring manner.
- Active members and regular attendees of Shepherd Church will be given priority for assistance.
- For those not associated with Shepherd Church, the type of assistance offered is meant to meet basic necessities and is limited to food support as is available. Assistance is not guaranteed.
- Failure to complete this application in its entirety will delay or prevent the review of your request.
- Completion of this application and meeting with a pastor is NOT a guarantee that assistance will be provided.
- You must provide copies of the bills that you are requesting help with. If assistance with rent is needed, any paperwork signifying what you pay in monthly rent will be needed. Failure to provide these will result in a delay in any assistance available.
- Shepherd Church does not process applications and give funds within four (4) business days.
- Because of limited resources and the many needs of the community, assistance can only be provided once per year decreasing in amount with each approval. If you have not already taken a biblical financial course at our church, upon availability, a scholarship will be offered for you to take one of our financial/money management courses taught at Shepherd Church.
- Shepherd Church reserves the right to adjust or disapprove an applicant’s request based on ineligibility, or the interviewing pastor’s prayerful discretion.
- Shepherd Church does not provide long-term financial assistance. The purpose of our assistance program is to provide support in the case of an urgent short-term need.
- We do not provide assistance with:
Credit Card Debt
Long-Term Medical Needs
- Shepherd Church does NOT provide cash or gas cards.
- You must provide a Driver’s License or valid photo ID which will be photocopied.
- Your information will be kept as confidential as possible
Please read and fill out THIS APPLICATION in its entirety, and email it to Assistance@shepherdchurch.com
Or mail it to the church:
19700 Rinaldi Street
Porter Ranch, CA 91326